This page showcases a selection of conferences, lectures, workshops and book launches on Brexit, the European Union, legal education and training, legal theory, policing & criminal justice and refugee law. The links will take you directly to the host website, where you can register your attendance.
CONFERENCES, LECTURES, WORKSHOPS & BOOK LAUNCHES: 2019-2020
EUROPEAN UNION & BREXIT
Conferences, lectures, workshops and book launches on the constitutional underpinnings of the EU, the free movement of EU citizens & family members, and the legal consequences of the UK's decision to exit the European Union.
1. Ireland's European Future: Crisis, Renewal and Change. 29 November 2019. IACES Biennial Conference, Royal Irish Academy, 19 Dawson Street, Dublin 2.
2. Gaming the Constitution and its Consequences. 5 December 2019, University of Kent.
3. Adrift? Britain's Global Role Beyond Brexit. 5 December 2019, Queen Mary, University of London.
LEGAL EDUCATION & TRAINING
Conferences, lectures, workshops and book launches on developments in the education and training of lawyers in England and Wales, and on the legal dimensions of UK higher education policy.
1. Beyond Borders: Collegiality and Collaboration in Law. 22-24 November 2019, Limerick Strand Hotel (Irish Association of Law Teachers Annual Conference, 2019).
2. The Futures of Legal Education and Practice, Annual Conference. 31 January 2020, The Open University Law School.
Conferences, lectures, workshops and book launches on key questions of law, including the racial/colonial underpinnings of legal systems and doctrines and the relation between law and violence.
1.. Radical Possibilities in Black Studies. 22 November 2019, Birmingham City University.
2. In Conversation with Bryonn Bain: Birkbeck Law Artist-in-Residence. 22 November 2019, Birkbeck, University of London.
3. RebLaw 2019. 23-24 November 2019. University of Law, 2 Burnhill Row, London.
4. The Black Attainment Gap: Inequality, Exclusion and Injustice (Stephen Lawrence Research Centre Distinguished Lecture Series). 28 November 2019, De Montfort University.
5. Focus on the Funk: Fanon, Hope and the Day After. 6-7 December 2019, Birkbeck, University of London.
POLICING & CRIMINAL JUSTICE
Conferences, lectures, workshops and book launches on policing and criminal justice, including the legal aspects of the UK public inquiry into the activities and conduct of police officers who spied upon political campaigners.
1. Corrosive Control: Gendering State-Corporate and Gendered Harm in Bordered Britain. 25 November 2019, University of Manchester.
2. Mark Duggan - The Truth, The Whole Truth & Nothing But The Truth. 30 November 2019, Tottenham Town Hall, London.
3. Undercover Controversies in UK Policing. 10 December 2019, Institute of Education, UCL.
4. Solidarity. 11 December 2019, Curzon Cinema, Oxford.
Conferences, lectures, workshops and book launches on the international law of refugee status, the European migration crisis, and the treatment of refugees, asylum-seekers and other migrants under UK law.